Broward Partnership for the Homeless Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Grants Manager will be responsible for developing fundraising strategies for current and
potential funders, writing grants proposals to public and private funders, including foundations and
corporations, preparing grants reports, and persuasively communicating Broward Partnership’s
mission and programs to funders and the community at large. Reporting to the Director of Grants
and Contracts, the Grants Manager will prepare and submit grant proposals, establish and maintain
personal contact and relationships with funders as appropriate, conduct prospect research,
prepare and submit reports, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This
position will also contribute to the overall communications plan for Broward Partnership.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. In collaboration with the Director of Grants and Contracts, recommends and
oversees the grant process, including writing and submitting grant proposals,
developing budgets, preparing and submitting fiscal and programmatic reports, and
ensuring compliance with funding guidelines and deliverables.
2. Research and analyze funding opportunities from federal, state, local and private
philanthropic sources and make considered recommendations for “best fit”
opportunities to the Director of Grants and Contracts.
3. Meet and exceed fundraising goals in restricted and unrestricted grant funding.
4. Manage and track grant deadlines, develop internal reporting systems, and
maintain excellent grant records.
5. Assist the Director of Grants and Contracts on coordinating with executive leadership
on stewardship activities involving funders and other prospects.
6. Meet with appropriate BP staff as needed in preparation for grant application and
7. Participate in development and execution of the resource development
8. Benchmark and develop best practices to enhance the grant writing program.
9. Coordinate with the Director of Grants and Contracts on the preparation of agency
written materials as needed, including all grant and major gift thank you letters,
donor correspondence, press releases, event scripts and other materials.
10. Maintain an active presence within the community as an ambassador of the
Agency and develop strong relationships with philanthropic and corporate
11. Participate in special events, fundraising, social and community events as assigned.
12. Assist with implementation of strategies to recognize donors.
13. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or
ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not
to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or
requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related
instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
III. AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE:
All employees are expected to adhere to Agency Policies and Procedures.
All employees are expected to dress appropriately and professionally.
All employees are expected to attend required and/or assigned Agency trainings.
All employees are expected to be courteous, polite and friendly both to our clients
and to their fellow employees.
All employees are expected to consistently report to work on time prepared to
perform the duties of their position.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or
related field. At least two years’ experience in grant writing, fundraising and special events
preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, the use of databases and other fundraising software
with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work flexible hours and possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Grants Manager works in settings of Broward Partnership, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of Broward Partnership programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of “Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify
Broward Partnership for the Homeless
Broward Partnership is committed to reducing homelessness by promoting independence and self-worth through advocacy, housing and comprehensive services.
920 NW 7th Avenue Sunrise FL 33311Fort Lauderdale, FL