I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Accounting Clerk supports the Director of Finance with the Agency’s day-to-day general accounting including A/P and A/R. This position will work closely with program staff to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and support program operations.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
Expense/Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements
1. Processes vendor invoices for weekly payment in Agency’s financial software system which includes entering data, printing, verification, and mailing of processed checks.
2. Verifies accuracy of vendor invoice information, assigned expense codes, and obtains approval prior to payment. Ensures timely vendor payments.
3. Communicates with vendors regarding invoices and payments due/received and communicates with staff to secure appropriate information and approval for subsequent payment. Works with vendors to resolve disputes and ensure uninterrupted services.
Revenue/Accounts Receivable/Cash Receipts
4. Assists with preparation of invoices/billing for monthly grants and contracts and provides all supporting documentation to supervisor for invoice submittal. Delivers invoices to funding sources, as needed.
5. Prepares daily bank deposit slips and makes deposits at Agency bank in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for processing all incoming credit card payments/donations with the credit card software module on a timely basis.
7. Responsible for assisting the Director of Finance with cash collections during special events.
8. Responsible for maintaining confidential Finance and Administration files and storage, including the addition of prior year files and the destruction of outdated files on an annual basis.
9. Serves as a volunteer member for staff related committees on an as-needed basis, subject to reasonable accommodations.
10. May be responsible for quality review of work of other team members.
11. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related field with at least two years of experience in accounting. Years of experience, if appropriate, may substitute formal education. Experience with non-profit or healthcare accounting preferred. Experience with MS Office and proficiency in Excel. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to effectively prioritize duties. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Accounting Clerk works in settings of Broward Partnership, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of Broward Partnership programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.