SUMMARY: Patient Care Navigators are hired by the center and work closely with the Director of Quality Improvement. The Patient Care Navigator is responsible for monitoring patient care plans and adherence, conducting education sessions and analysis of patient care reports. The Patient Care Navigator is an essential member of the health center’s care teams.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Medical Assistant Diploma Required-Graduate from an approved Medical Assistant Program which identifies: both clinical and classroom instruction sufficient to meet state requirements.
• At least two years experience in an ambulatory setting preferred.
• At least one year of health education experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with minority, diverse and underserved communities
• Culturally Competent
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Some computer knowledge in Word and Excel
• Team player with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work under pressure
• Innovative and creative
• Reliable transportation