- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, compliance, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to, benefits, and leave; disputes and investigations; performance
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Florida Driver's License
HIV & HIPAA Certificates
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to lift up to 15 lbs., stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we have never underestimated the ability of young people to overcome challenges, heal, learn, and most of all, flourish.
Our mission is to respond to the unique needs of every child through programs that promote privacy, respect, independence, dignity, and engagement (PRIDE.) By listening to and learning from the children and families we serve, we have grown from a single-program establishment to one that serves over 1,200 individuals each year.
As we look to the future, we remains focused on delivering the highest quality care necessary to ensure that each individual is given every opportunity to thrive and succeed.
Broward Children's Center
AddressPompano Beach, FL
Get fresh HR Generalist Human Resources jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.