Responsible for assisting the Development and Marketing Director in the implementation of fundraising, development and marketing activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Flexible work schedule.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications, and/or Sales.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups to include managers, clients, customers and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Raisers Edge; Social Media sites, web management, spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office.
Ability to calculate figures to include discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Must be detailed-oriented and possess excellent writing and editing skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Florida Driver's License, HIV Course
A Confidentiality Agreement is required and must be signed upon commencement of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with coordination of fundraising campaigns and activities in accordance with the Company’s mission.
- Maintains Development Department content, event and department calendar
- Manage day-to -day out-sourced marketing agency activity that will include communicating both online and traditional marketing goals and tasks; review agency work and reports.
- Ensure accurate and updated information is posted to the Company’s website, and social media sites to include, stories submitted by staff members, web ads, and sponsorships.
- Participates in planning and coordination of special events and attends
- Prepares media blasts, emails, and graphic design tasks for special events.
- Assists Development and Marketing Director with planning, developing and writing press releases, media communications, and grant research and applications.
- Prepares responses to inquiries from the news media, public or members of community and philanthropic organizations.
- Assists in generating content for social media (e.g. Facebook).
- Maintains repository of press releases and articles.
- Keeps records for fundraising with Development and Marketing Director including Raiser's Edge database
- Other related duties as assigned by Development and Marketing Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.