Plans, evaluates, and provides direct services to Broward Children’s Center clients receiving ABA services. Responsible for initial assessments, updating assessments, developing behavior intervention plans, data collection, and data analysis of progress.
Provides communication and training to parent and caregiver of clients. Schedules therapy sessions based on availability of staff and client. Communicates and schedules Registered Behavior Technician sessions with clients. Provides services in the home, community and school settings.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s degree from an accredited College or University in special education, behavior analysis, Psychology or related field; three years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- BCBA certification and/or licensed professional
- CPR, HIV, HIPPA In-services
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Pass level 2 background check
- Pass drug test after 48 hours of being offered the position
- A confidentiality agreement must be signed upon commencement of service
- A non-compete clause must be signed upon commencement of service
Strong writing skills in order to create routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and employees of organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinates and leads development, implementation and on-going management of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services.
- Establishes and monitors treatment protocols for assigned clients.
- Educates, observes, and assesses, the medically necessary activities and service delivery of BCC’s behavior staff and caregivers.
- Coordinates plan of care with community professionals; school staff, physicians
- Conducts trainings, workshops or other presentations that occur in the community with professionals of the organization.
- Adheres to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board guidelines for responsible conduct of behavior analysts.
- Administers, conducts, evaluates and supervises the implementation of behavioral assessment measures (such as industry standard assessments) and functional assessment measures.
- Provides leadership in the delivery of evidence based ABA services.
- Develops individualized goals and objectives for home, community, and clinic based programs.
- Ensures appropriate data systems are implemented such that quantifiable behavioral data is collected at regular interval to allow for the continual evaluation of behavioral plans and achievement of individual goals and objectives.
- Develops and coordinates social skills groups.
- Designs behavior support plans based on functional assessment data
- Maintains billable caseload and documents billable hours according to BCC’s policy and state and Federal regulation(s)
- Develops written reports documenting behavioral recommendations for parents, caregivers and agency personnel in a timely and accurate manner
- Actively communicates Broward Children’s Center outreach efforts to community
- Responds to referrals for services in a timely and appropriate manner
- Participates in professional meetings or conferences deemed to be beneficial to BCC’s development
- Adheres to the mission, vision and values of BCC
1. Assess client’s needs for therapy and provide on-going treatment
2. Recommend BCC wrap services to clients
3. Provide classroom support to teachers and support staff as needed
4. In-service appropriate personnel and families in order to implement clients goals and behavior plans
Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitment
Quality-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses materials properly.
Attendance and Punctuality- Consistently attends work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives to meetings and appointments on time and prepared.
Dependability- Follows instructions; responds to management directions; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and deadlines; complete task on time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and lift and pull, push, and lift up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.