Roles and responsibilities
- Select and build customer orders using a pull sheet (box, label and shrink wrap orders).
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPS) and Job Safety (refer to your Employee Handbook).
- Follow established safety standards for proper food handling and product rotation.
- Clean and maintain work area and reefers which includes: Cleaning and sanitizing the tables and scales, sweeping the floors especially under the tables.
- Clean and put equipment away at the end of the shift, e. wagons, baskets, brooms and dust pans, crates, boxes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, ex. running of produce, rotation of produce, cleaning of warehouse, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Pass a background and drug test
· Strong organizational skills
· Detailed oriented
· Produce Knowledge is a plus
· Forklift or pallet jack certification is a plus
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be able to communicate effectively
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· HS diploma or equivalent preferred
Physical Demands and work environment
- Must be able to work long hours
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, proper lifting, turn body, walk.
- Must be able to properly lift, push, pull and move cases up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to accesses the vehicle
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.