Job Title: CDL Route Driver
- Location: Brothers Produce of Dallas (Garland, TX)
- Reports to: Luis Chavez
General Purpose of the Position: As a driver you are responsible for ensuring timely delivery of produce to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks and providing exceptional customer service to our client base.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Reviewing orders prior to loading items on the truck for delivery
- Close attention to detail when documenting items that have been loaded or unloaded from company vehicle.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our client base
- Driving company vehicle safely adhering to written driver safety rules and compliance with the Federal and State regulations. Perform pre trip and post trip inspections
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and all other departments regarding customer complaints, short orders, returns, accidents, damage to the vehicle, and injuries
- Responsible for upkeep of company vehicles at end of shift – clean cab and box.
- Flexible schedule ( Early morning, nights, Weekends, holidays, out of town & overtime if required)
- Perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Commercial Driver’s license (CDL), Class A or B is preferred
- Clean MVR required
- Pass a road test, background and drug test - NO FELONIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Bobtail route delivery experience preferred
- Over the road experience
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Produce knowledge and knowledge of the DFW metroplex is a plus
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to pass a D.O.T physical
- Must be able to work long hours
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, proper lifting, turn body, walk.
- Must be able to properly lift, push, pull and move cases up to 75 lbs
- May encounter extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
Food Safety is Brothers Produce Number #1 Priority
Brothers Produce has a team of food safety professionals that go the extra mile to ensure product safety. We are very committed to providing the customer with the latest in food safety alerts and are certified by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing thought leadership and guidance on food safety management systems necessary for safety along the supply chain.