Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you ready to advance your career to the next level? Are you a passionate hospitality professional? How about hands on, energetic, and honest? Tharaldson wants you!
We provide a friendly, professional place to work and have fun, with opportunities for advancement and career growth. A strong company culture inspires staff to achieve the highest service standards in hospitality. Tharaldson offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing! Tharaldson has 70 hotels nationwide and will be doubling in size in the next 3 years, providing huge potential for all successful managers!
Coordinates the activities of hotel personnel as directed and provides support to the General Manager by performing the following duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
70% - Management
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures
- Provides training, including safety training, to staff
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork
- Reviews employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservations cards, direct bills, and credit cards
- Conducts or assists in conducting staff meetings
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Receives and resolves or assists in resolving guest complaints and employee issues
- Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence
30% - Other Duties as assigned
- Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication –Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentations skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information • Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Managing People – Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills • Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism, - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college, or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software and internet.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste and smell.
The employee must regularly lift an/and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Broomfield Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites
Get fresh Next Level Hospitality jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.