Registered Nurse, Brooks at Halifax Hospital
Brooks Rehabilitation Daytona Beach, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
$7,500 Bonus with a 2-year commitment
Will consider Sponsorship
Be a part of making miracles happen. Rehabilitation Nurses at Brooks Rehabilitation feel great about what their patient’s accomplish. At Brooks, Rehab Nurses utilize the nursing process, implement rehabilitation nursing interventions and practice at the top of license. Our patients and families need nurses who can serve as advocates, educators, care coordinators and leaders at the bedside.
If you are a nurse who wants to practice in a Magnet Designated hospital environment and achieve excellence this is for you. Come make a difference in eth lives of those with a physical and or cognitive disability. Come help Stroke, Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury survivors and their family’s transition to their new normal. Come witness the difference you can make.
Be part of a team. Be part of a new normal. Be a Brooks Rehabilitation Nurse.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Florida.
- One year of skilled nursing or acute care experience.
- Current hands-on CPR/BLS Certification.
- Will consider sponsorship. Must have:
- 2 years’ applicable experience
- Current Florida Nursing license or evidence of having passed NCLEX Exam
- English proficiency
For 50 years, Brooks Rehabilitation, headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., has been a comprehensive source for physical rehabilitation services. As a nonprofit organization, Brooks operates one of the nation’s largest inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in the U.S. with 160 beds, one of the region’s largest home healthcare agencies, 40 outpatient therapy clinics, a Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation in partnership with Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, the Brooks Rehabilitation Medical Group, two skilled nursing facilities, assisted living and memory care. Brooks will treat more than 60,000 patients through its system of care each year. In addition, Brooks operates the Clinical Research Center, which specializes in research for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and more to advance the science of rehabilitation. Brooks also provides many low or no cost community programs and services such as the Brooks Clubhouse, Brooks Aphasia Center and Brooks Adaptive Sports and Recreation to improve the quality of life for people living with physical disabilities. Brooks Rehabilitation proudly employs over 2,500 clinicians and staff across the state of Florida. We are looking for exceptional people to join our culture of caring and bring our mission to life.
AddressDaytona Beach, FL