Nurse Manager, Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Brooks Rehabilitation Jacksonville, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are seeking a Nurse Manager, Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
Be a part of making miracles happen. Rehabilitation Nurses at Brooks Rehabilitation feel great about what their patient’s accomplish. At Brooks, Rehab Nurses utilize the nursing process, implement rehabilitation nursing interventions and practice at the top of license. Our patients and families need nurses who can serve as advocates, educators, care coordinators and leaders at the bedside.
If you are a nurse who wants to practice in a Magnet Designated hospital environment and achieve excellence this is for you. Come make a difference in eth lives of those with a physical and or cognitive disability. Come help Stroke, Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury survivors and their family’s transition to their new normal. Come witness the difference you can make.
Be part of a team. Be part of a new normal. Be a Brooks Rehabilitation Nurse.
- Analyze quality and patient care trends at unit level
- Identify gaps and critically think and implement corrective action plans
- Leader rounding and elevate concerns which are unable to be resolved
- Responsible for budgeting and adherence to the budget
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and develop processes, procedures, and policy to support these initiatives.
- Ensures implementation and update of policies and procedures.
- Accountability for ensuring employees are competent, mentored, and professionally grown
- Ensures staffing, scheduling, interview and hiring is completed for unit
- Provides for orientation and successful onboarding of new staff members in collaboration with clinical educators and assistant manager.
- Evaluates individual staff member's performance in a timely manner in accord with established criteria, sets realistic goals and provides guidance for professional development.
- Provides guidance in the Shared Governance Council as appropriate.
- Maintains safe unit environment. Ensures staff compliance with safety, fire and infection control policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in professional development activities to enhance self-learning.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Florida.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 3 years of clinical experience in Nursing.
- 2 years of Nursing leadership experience in a hospital setting.
- BSN or Baccalaureate in related field.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS).
- Must have effective communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- CRRN nursing preferred or obtainable within 12 months of hire.
For 50 years, Brooks Rehabilitation, headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., has been a comprehensive source for physical rehabilitation services. As a nonprofit organization, Brooks operates one of the nation’s largest inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in the U.S. with 160 beds, one of the region’s largest home healthcare agencies, 40 outpatient therapy clinics, a Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation in partnership with Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, the Brooks Rehabilitation Medical Group, two skilled nursing facilities, assisted living and memory care. Brooks will treat more than 60,000 patients through its system of care each year. In addition, Brooks operates the Clinical Research Center, which specializes in research for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and more to advance the science of rehabilitation. Brooks also provides many low or no cost community programs and services such as the Brooks Clubhouse, Brooks Aphasia Center and Brooks Adaptive Sports and Recreation to improve the quality of life for people living with physical disabilities. Brooks Rehabilitation proudly employs over 2,500 clinicians and staff across the state of Florida. We are looking for exceptional people to join our culture of caring and bring our mission to life.
3599 University Blvd. SouthJacksonville, FL