A Southeast Michigan based law firm seeks a full-time Systems Administrator. This individual must be customer-oriented, have the ability to operate under pressure, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work in a team atmosphere. Candidate must have a strong aptitude for problem-solving, and must have at least four years of experience as a Systems or Network administrator. Automation mindset is vital for success.
This position entails a 40/60 split between server/networking and help desk support. You will be expected to answer help desk tickets from simple to complex and be customer-facing.
• Create and Maintain Windows 10 Images; including build tests and patch management
• Install, maintain, operate and upgrade System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS and MDT)
• Implement and maintain automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and SCCM
• Provide system administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for the Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop environments
• Installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of server hardware, software and related infrastructure
• Work to bring a security-first mindset to IT administration, looking at the whole picture, not cutting corners
• Provide help desk support to users at all levels
• Lead minor projects such as department initiatives, compliance reports, and road map items
• Create and modify knowledge base articles and technical documentation as needed
• Perform vulnerability management mitigation on Windows Server and other equipment
• Must have Windows Server 2012 R2+ experience
• 2+ years with scripting and orchestration (SCCM, PowerShell, VBS).
• 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM)
• Microsoft MCSE 2012 or 2016 certification is a strong plus
• In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DFSR, DHCP, AD Certificates & DNS
• Knowledge with Cisco switching, and networking (IOS-XE, NX-OS)
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco CUCM is a strong plus
• Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc)
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and a team player
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
Brooks Kushman extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.