Brooklyn Water Bagel is seeking a Artisan Baker to join our team in Boca Raton, FL! You will report under the direction of the Restaurant General Manager, will perform a variety of baking duties, and assist with the preparation of bagels, muffins, cookies, and other pastries.
- Understands the importance of all baking procedures and recipes
- Skilled at prepping and baking bagels and muffins
- Able to do open bake
- Proficient at making all dough mixtures in a timely manner using correct procedures
- Understands rotation and shelf life of raw dough
- Clean and disinfect work area; set-up and break-down work station; and follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Knows how to proof bagels
- Recognizes the importance of time and temperature
- Responsible for opening store on time
- Able to close the entire bakery
- Understands our Guest Culture
- Fosters positive interactions with guests in the queue line
- Understands basic Front Of House duties to assist in the morning
- Understands all paperwork
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- One-year baking experience preferred
- Pastry or baking culinary courses preferred
- Physical requirements involve sitting; climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, or crouching
- Must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds
- This position requires an early morning work schedule to ensure all goods are baked for the day
- Typical working hours are 3:00 am to 1:00 pm. Hours of work may include weekends and holidays, with no guaranteed days off
Our bagels are boiled in our Brooklynized® water and then baked fresh daily at our stores. Staying true to the traditional New York style bagel, these gourmet bagels, which are hot and ready to be served, are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Brooklyn Water Bagel
Why Work Here?Believing that there are no shortcuts to creating quality products, Brooklyn Water Bagel.® never deviates from the old-world artisan recipe for making bagels and uses only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, including our proprietary water. Our bagels are boiled in our Brooklynized® water and then baked fresh daily at our stores. Staying true to the traditional New York style bagel, these gourmet bagels, which are hot and ready to be served, are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Be home for dinner EVERY night - we close at 3pm!
Boca Raton, FL