A person who has availability "Monday - Friday 11am-5:30pm AND who is willing and able to take on extra night work (6-8pm) a few times a week AND some weekend work Nights and weekends pay double per walk.
You will be an assistant to our senior staff. You will help with holding dogs, assisting with other dog walking activities with a senior walker while learning about the job and how we do things, covering walks by yourself in the event a senior walker is unable to do so. The training pay will be a flat $40 a day, it lasts at least a week. This is an interim payment for the purposes of training and vetting. Those who are adept at following our dog walking protocol will be quickly promoted. The position is on the books and will require a social security number. As an independent contractor you will be paid weekly via personal check and receive a copy of your 1099 during the month of January for your tax filing purposes. We don't withhold your finances for tax purposes, contractors handle that independently
Full Contracted Walkers are considered based on dedication to timeliness, a willingness to learn, ability to take criticism, attention to detail, willingness to work through heat/cold/snow/rain, focus on your task at hand and conforming to the standards and practices of this company. Those with experience working as a dog walker in New York City will be immediately considered for full-time work. Walkers are paid by the dog, for example, you can start your day at 1pm with 8 dogs on your schedule at $8 a thirty-minute walk and finish before 5:30pm with $64. The more available you are the more you will make. Once you've gone through the training you'll be given the opportunity to walk dogs and thus be able to earn anywhere from $60-$100 during business hours. The schedule is organized based on the most efficient order the walks can be completed. During training you'll be able to familiarize yourself with the area we work in.
Things you will need in order to do this job
- A single smart phone that sends pictures, can access the internet, and can download apps.
- Water proof pants, boots and jacket
- A commitment for 6 months minimum
- Availability Monday through FRIDAY 11am to 5:30pM
- Weekend Availability
- Availability for a walk between 6pm-8pm a few times a month for extra pay
- can start ASAP
- You are 21 years or older
- Three References, one being within 6 months of the present date, include these in your response</li><br>
- You will submit to a background check
- Desire to participate in voluntary weekend/night walk work ($20-$30 per 30 minute walk)
- You will sign a non-compete clause if hired. This prohibits walkers from walking, boarding, or sitting dogs independently of our company with residents of Williamsburg/Greenpoint Brooklyn or any of our current clients.
Great! Keep your response short and sweet. Customer service is more important than personal experience with animals. How we walk dogs will likely differ from your experience with your family dog. Loving dogs is important too!
Looking forward to your email response!
Best of Luck! :)
_Eric Owner and Manager