Patient Care Technician / Mental Health Technician
- Over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
Immediate hiring with sign-on bonus! Starting pay $15 per hour! Pay commensurate with experience or education. 3p-11p full-time shifts available.
Brookhaven Hospital is pleased to announce openings for Mental Health Technicians. We are looking for employees that desire a career in a forward-looking, progressive department that focuses on quality, innovation, and leadership. Brookhaven Hospital specializes in the rehabilitation of adults with neurologic disorders such as acquired brain injury(ABI). Brookhaven is a nationally recognized provider of neurobehavioral interventions for persons with cognitive and behavioral disorders resulting from ABI.
*Successful candidates will have at minimum 1 year of direct patient care experience working in a healthcare setting caring for adults with mental or physical disabilities or rehabilitation needs. Candidates must be willing to obtain CNA certification within six months of hire. Brookhaven Hospital will pay tuition for CNA certification course.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Director of Nursing
- Provides input to the Charge Nurse and other treatment team members relative to the planning and evaluation of patient care
- Assists patients with activities of daily living
- Documents patient care according to hospital and nursing standards, including timeliness of record completion
- Participates in treatment group processes for patients as assigned
- Participates in performance improvement by notifying the Charge Nurse of quality issues and seeking ways to improve patient care
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, families, staff and visitors
- Participates in training activities
- Works cooperatively with other staff members
- Manages time effectively to accomplish work in the time allowed
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Advises staff on duty and Charge Nurse of patient care issues as needed
- Maintains good attendance record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of direct care experience in healthcare setting with adult patients with either mental or physical disabilities or rehabilitation needs
- CNA License preferred
PHYSICAL CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods
- May be required to lift or push up to 65lbs
- Requires the ability to read, write, and process information accurately
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Sign on bonus & referral bonus available
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Critical Illness plans available
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company paid Long-Term Disability / Optional Short-Term Disability
- 401K with employer match
- Vacation time, sick time, and personal holidays
- Holiday pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
*This position has been deemed a safety sensitive position. Under the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Use and Patient Protection Act (OMMA), safety sensitive position is defined as any job that includes tasks or duties that the employer believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others. This statute allows employers to lawfully refuse to hire applicants for safety-sensitive jobs or to discipline or discharge employees who work in safety- sensitive jobs if they test positive for marijuana, even if they have a valid license to use medical marijuana.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Brookhaven Hospital conditions all job offers on the candidate’s documentation of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the employment start date. Candidates with medical conditions that preclude vaccination or who hold sincere religious beliefs against vaccination should request an exemption in the form of a reasonable accommodation from the Human Resources Department. Absent receipt of such an accommodation, your CDC Vaccination Card must be submitted to the Brookhaven Hospital’s designated representative prior to your start of employment.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?