Brookhaven Hospital is a 64-bed, secured comprehensive health center for the treatment of adults with behavioral health issues ranging from eating disorders to post-traumatic stress disorder, brain injury, substance abuse, and other neurological and behavioral disorders. Being a comprehensive center, Brookhaven has physicians as well as psychologists and nurses on staff, giving patients every resource they need during their treatment.
The Behavioral Health Technician assists patients as they address cognitive, physical, medical, behavioral and psychosocial goals. Perform observational rounds which include suicide and seclusion checks. They support patients as they work to develop strategies to enable them to return to lives of personal meaning where they live, learn, and work.
We are seeking professionally-minded individuals who are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with our company. Extensive training is provided. Ideal candidates will have experience in the human services, brain injury, or mental health field. Positions are available on all shifts.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, or related field preferred (Currently enrolled students are encouraged to apply)
- Experience working with individuals with brain injury, mental illness or other disability preferred
- Driving requirement - Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license and have a good driving record in accordance with Brookhaven Hospital policies and procedures
- Able to pass state and federal background checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug screen are required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Brookhaven Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brookhaven Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.