ABOUT BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES
Brookfield Properties is a premier real estate operating company that provides integrated services across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”) — a global alternative asset manager with over $265 billion in AUM.
Brookfield’s global investing expertise and access to large-scale capital, combined with Brookfield Properties’ well-established position as the commercial landlord of choice in many of the world’s most dynamic markets, provides a unique advantage. It also assures premier-quality commercial premises and optimal outcomes for our tenants, business partners and the communities in which we operate.
Our vertically integrated real estate capabilities are established in each of Brookfield’s target sectors and regions around the globe, ensuring that our assets are managed to maximize the tenant experience, with a focus on integrating new real estate technologies that keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
For more information, visit brookfieldproperties.com.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish proper tenant relations, by periodic visit to ensure a high quality standard is being met and tenants are happy with all facets of building operations/services.
- Oversight / approval of invoices and tenants work orders and billings.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal code requirements.
- Maintain regular training of BFP employees and tenants in emergency evacuation procedures.
- Implement, maintain, and perpetuate the policies and procedures of Brookfield and our join venture partners.
- Review leases to provide all landlord required services and generate invoices for additional services.
- Prepare monthly accruals, YTD variances reports monthly high level activity reports.
- Responsible for tenant collections and annual reconciliation review and approval.
- Ensure all vendor contracts are current and all are on file.
- Track R&M (repairs and maintenance) and capital improvement projects, and initiate their respective commencement.
- Interface with corporate departments regarding leasing, budgets, operations and technical services.
- Maintain timely reports and daily communication with the corporate office.
- Create annual budget, Operating Expenses/Real Estate Taxes tenant billings, performance reviews, inspections, vendor bids.
- Attend various real estate functions as a representative of Brookfield
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the commercial office property management field.
- Bachelors Degree in related major, business or finance a plus
- RPA or CPM is beneficial but not required.
- Strong organizational, writing and accounting skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Yardi
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- Ability to multi-task and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and motivated to succeed in a team environment
- Customer Service background is a must.