Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant at our Corporate Office in Chicago, IL.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
Under limited supervision, provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the department. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials. Familiar with a variety of commercial real estate concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Performs high-level, administrative work, including frequent complex and confidential tasks organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging and analyzing information.
- Interacts with executives, managers, other employees and customers mainly to assist with information exchange, problems and requests.
- Assists with daily business of managers, which includes general office work, answering phones, greeting guests, word processing, sorting and distributing mail.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, emails, faxes and forms
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Research, prepare and edit reports and presentations
- Schedules meetings/conference calls and appointments.
- Books travel arrangements.
- Prepare, submit and reconcile expense reports
- Prepare invoices for approval
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other office staff or managers.
- Handle multiple projects
- Reads incoming mail and independently handles or attaches appropriate file/information for recipients.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- May direct services, such as maintenance, repair, purchasing and replenishing supplies, mail and files.
- May write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff or managers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma; Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 Years of Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; email
- Highly organized and project oriented
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Job ID 2018-2370
Category Administrative Support