Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant at Valley Plaza.
Brookfield Properties is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing over 150 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
The Administrative Assistant collects, compiles, and analyzes moderately complex data and information, prepares presentations, and composes straightforward written descriptions of results. Interaction is driven by foot, telephone and mail traffic. Foot traffic consists of the general public, merchants and tenants, maintenance and contractor personnel, security and police personnel and related persons to each of those categories, all day long. Under limited supervision, the person in this role provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- Performs high-level, administrative work, including frequent complex and confidential clerical work organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging and analyzing information
- Participates in administrative functions such as budgeting or developing spreadsheet tracking reports
- Assists in implementing property activities, internal and external
- Contacts are with executives, managers, other employees and customers mainly to assist with information exchange, problems and requests
- Studies management methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, and implement cost reductions
- May provide administrative support to Accounting
- May perform administration/coordination for Specialty Leasing and/or Marketing
- Assists in daily business of managers, which includes general office work, answering phones, greeting guests and word processing, sorting and distributing mail
- Researches, prepares and edits reports and presentations
- Reads incoming mail and independently handles or attaches appropriate file/information for recipients
- May direct services, such as maintenance, repair, purchasing and replenishing supplies, mail and files
- Schedules meetings/conference calls and appointments, makes travel arrangements, as needed
- Prepares, maintains and distributes activity and event lists
- May manage/update Insurance Certificates for any/all Tenants and/or vendors
- May operate as management office support person for localized computer software/hardware
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as email
- Highly organized and project oriented
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Job ID 2019-3074
Category Administrative Support