Seeking an experienced RN - Patient Care Coordinator for Outpatient Multi-Specialty Group, ideal candidate has a strong clinical nursing background, management experience and working in a Multi-Specialty Doctor's office setting.
Location: Manhattan, NYC (E 33rd St. Between 2nd and 3rd Ave) **Please note this is not a remote position**
Department: Multi-Specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, ENT, etc)
Ideal candidate for this position will be coming from a multi-specialty doctor's office setting, with experience overseeing the administrative, operations and clinical responsibilities of the nursing team.
- NYS RN License
- BSN, preferably MSN
- Nursing experience 5+ year's
- Management Experience 5+ year's
- Oversight: Team of 35+ RN's and LPN's
- Staffing (Interviewing, Hiring, Firing)
- Budgeting (Oversight of monetary budget for group)
- Directs patient care activities including development of standards of care & unit function in the clinical specialty.
- Ensures that the highest level of clinical practice is maintained to deliver safe, effective & appropriate patient care.
- Accountable for unit operations on a continuous 24/7 basis.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, evaluating and counseling employees.
- Provides disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Mentors staff in the acquisition of leadership skills.
- Develops unit goals and objectives in alignment with the organization mission & goals.
- Collaborates with the management team in the strategic planning process to support organizational initiatives.
- Evaluates patient satisfaction and implements improvement interventions as necessary.
- Develops, monitors and evaluates budgetary plan. Administers & monitors operating & capital budgets.
- Fosters performance improvement philosophy and practices.
- Identifies, monitors & evaluates improvement processes & reports outcomes.
- Develops staffing plan for annual budget.
- Responsible for evaluating staffing needs and ensuring equitable use of resources.
- Maintains productivity measures.
- Evaluates recruitment, retention, & recognition of staff. Implements improvement initiatives as indicated.
- Monitors vacancy, turnover, climate survey results, and nursing & service line sources for trends & issues.
- Responsible for cooperative programs with other departments that support the corporate goals and objectives.
- Establishes, with medical director and other disciplines, appropriate interdisciplinary model of care for unit(s).
- Represents management at appropriate step of the union and non-union grievance procedures.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Further coursework in strategic leadership and management skills.
Brookdale AssociatesFive Star Medical Facility