Finance & Accounting Manager (Healthcare/Hospital)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are seeking to join a dynamic Healthcare/Hospital organization, ranked as one of the top employee's to worked for four (4) years in a row, come join out team as we expand out Finance & Accounting department and seeking a Financial Manager with healthcare or hospital experience!
Excellent opportunity to grow with a work/life balance and the opportunity to make a direct impact on the team you oversee! For all qualified candidates, our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to set up a time to further discuss the position!
- Title/Position: Financial Manager (full-time)
- Location: Greenwich, CT
- Salary: $100,000 - $150,000+ includes an excellent benefits package that starts day one! (medical, dental, vision, 401k + % match, PTO, Sick, Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.
Position Overview: Responsible for our hospital’s accounting and reporting responsibilities including financial closing, general ledger account reconciliations, journal entry processing, monthly reporting and other special analyses.
- Experience in financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Exposure to Sage fixed assets software and Tableau analytics software preferred
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience working with general ledger (GL) systems, preferably Meditech or other similar major GL systems
- High level of literacy with Word and Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS and importing/exporting data files
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Very detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working within tight timelines
- Manage monthly financial reporting process by collaborating with finance and operations teams to prepare accurate and timely financial reports for the Collaboration including the MDA within timelines set by the monthly close schedule.
- Analyze actual to budget financial variances, prepare analysis reports and provide explanations to the Collaboration leadership.
- Complete monthly assigned tasks for the financial closing.
- Train Senior Accountant(s) to perform the tasks listed in the Financial Reporting Manager’s absence.
- Provide preliminary and final volume statistics to the hospital finance teams
- Obtain Salary detail by cost center from Payroll and perform FTE calculation
- Obtain monthly and YTD SAGE depreciation analysis Senior Accountant including any necessary fixed asset detail
- Calculate Liquidity Adjustment for inclusion in monthly report
- Prepare monthly journal entries to reclass costs to the Collaboration as needed and record purchase services and monthly P&L split
- Compile monthly Collaboration P&L and complete all related reporting metrics
- Explain any significant monthly variances to budget
- Calculate the NPSR and bad debt expense. Extract data from Tableau and obtain AR reserve model inputs from the Executive Director of Financial Planning for the calculation.
- Collaborate with informatics team leaders to develop reports to streamline and enhance the financial reporting process.
- Review utilization, denial trends and payer mix trends against the annual budget assumptions and include findings in the monthly financial report. Extract data as necessary from the Tableau software system.
- Present and explain monthly Collaboration financial results and variance analysis to senior leadership at monthly operations meetings and provide explanations for variances to senior management.
- Lead efforts to research and respond to monthly questions and prepare ad hoc financial analysis requests from the hospital’s finance departments.
- Lead annual purchased services true-up efforts by collaborating with senior management and department heads to identify appropriate cost drivers to calculate cost per unit estimates and appropriate methodologies.
- Review the Collaboration budget and collaborate with the Executive Director of Financial Planning and Revenue Cycle to identify budget reporting needs.
- Communicate with Senior Directors throughout the year to resolve budget discrepancies and identify opportunities to strengthen the financial reporting process.
- At the request of senior Finance management, complete appropriate supporting documentation relating to the annual financial statements footnote disclosures for the outside auditors.
- Interacts with external auditors for annual Agreed Upon Procedures (AUP) which includes preparation of supporting schedules and analysis.
- Maintain and update as needed the detailed procedures document of the accounting procedures (Month End Financial Reporting Process).
- Review financial reporting process and identify automation opportunities by leveraging Tableau and advanced excel formulas.
- Perform special projects as requested by Executive Director of Finance.
Top rated Multi-Specialty Practice in Dutchess County, NY!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Brookdale Associates