Assistant Director of Nursing
- Posted: over a month ago
Brook Stone Living Center is a 100 bed skilled nursing facility with 20 assisted living beds. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Director of nursing to organize and oversee all nursing operations of the facility under the direction of the Director of Nursing and Administrator. You will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies so that all personnel will be able to do their best in caring for residents. An Assistant director of nursing should have once been a hard-working and compassionate registered nurse who steadily developed their managerial and administrative skills in long term care. Being efficient, dedicated, a good listener and a problem-solver is what will open our door for you. The goal is to foster an excellent environment that will support everyone in working to the benefit of hospital and patients alike.
Compassionate Care with Passion
Loving Care with Respect - We will give our residents the loving care the need with the respect they deserve.
Service with a Smile - We will provide the highest level of service, always with a smile.
Better Together - We will work together in order to achieve more than what we can alone.
Do the Right Thing - We will do the right thing in every circumstance, even if it's not easy.
Expect Excellence - We will expect excellence of ourselves and our coworkers in everything we do.
- Work under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice.
- Observe and interpret patient’s symptoms and communicate them to physicians.
- Collaborate with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients.
- Notification and proper documentation to families and providers.
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies.
- Expand knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences etc.
- Monitor and maintain the facility Antibiotic Stewardship program.
- Train, direct and oversee and evaluate all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guide staffing procedures/scheduling.
- Organize and coordinate admission, nursing and patient care procedures
- Develop and enforce policies aiming for legal compliance and high quality standards
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Collaborate with other departments and professionals to streamline operations
- Report to the Director of Nursing
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must be currently licensed as an RN in the state of NC.
- Proven experience in long term care
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience as an Assistant Director of Nursing
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration
- Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Valid nursing and CPR certification
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Corporates Chaplains of America - Onsite Chaplaincy services
Brook Stone Living Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?