Quality Assurance Specialist - Positive Living
- Posted: over a month ago
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring one (1) Quality Assurance Specialist for the Positive Living Program
- Design, implement and maintain a variety of audit tools, assessments, reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), data systems, and dashboards that effectively track, evaluate, monitor and communicate: program impact, program performance against targets, program compliance with contractual and legal obligations, risk mitigation action plans, client experiences in receiving program services, and other relevant data points as needed. Make recommendations for improvement efforts as necessary.
- Work with various program tracking databases such as CARES, AWARDS, HMIS, PEARs and other required databases
- Provide quality assurance for case management input and charting in client based data systems CARES, AWARDS, and HMIS
- Export data from program databases to analyze and identify trends and troubleshoot errors
- Collect information directly from line staff and program supervisors necessary to compile required reports
- Ensure program evaluation is within scope of the plan of work and contract requirements
- Train new staff to use program databases and follow data entry protocols
- Present data findings in inter-agency and internal meetings
- Participate in grant writing projects
- Submit written reports and analysis that accompany data reporting and presentations
- Conduct internal program audits in preparation for scheduled audits with funders
Program Specific Responsibilities
- Perform additional administrative duties as assigned
- Observe client database managerial reports on a regular basis
- Report to the Program Director, Dept Director, and Asst. Executive Director any issues with client records, including but not limited to, overdue service plans, contact lapses, poor or missing progress notes, and any staff malfeasance
- Collect and analyze direct client feedback to help gauge program performance
- Work with funding systems to coordinate database access and provisioning for staff
- Maintain a secure, organized and accessible archive of program data
- Report suspected employee malfeasance directly to the General Counsel.
Qualifications (education, professional certifications or licenses, experience, proficiencies)
- Bachelors Degree
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, cloud based software (Office 365), copier equipment, virtual meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, WebEx etc)
- One year of relevant program assessment and program evaluation experience in professional setting
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- Excellent communication, writing and math skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and use of pivot tables
- Excellent analytical and program evaluation knowledge and experience
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required, to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at BronxWorks