- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brockton Community Access (BCA-TV) is a private, nonprofit corporation created to oversee operation of (3) public access cable television channels in the City of Brockton.
Award winning, goes together with showing off BCA.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration, execution of operations and planning, as well as outreach and community service for BCA-TV. These responsibilities are based upon a detailed knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of public, educational, and governmental (PEG) access operations and knowledge of the Cable Television Act of 1984 with an appreciation of the philosophies which underlie that federal legislation.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college. Masters degree preferred.
- Management experience with educational, governmental and/or public access operations and experience in facilitating TV productions required.
- A high degree of technical knowledge of cable television operations and proficiency in television program production.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the activities of diverse groups of individuals, agencies, and organizations.
- Ability to effectively manage the Corporation’s material, fiscal, and human assets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain good working relationships with public officials, agency staff, and the general public.
- Ability to assemble, organize, and present financial and other factual information derived from a variety of original and secondary sources to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain control over funds provided for all operations. Monitor operating expenses to assure cost effective operations and purchasing procedures. Quickbooks and bookkeeping knowledge a plus.
- Prepare and present a monthly report on operations for the Board of Directors which describes current projects, accomplishments and potential problem areas. Provide a monthly report of expenses and income for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and present to the Board of Directors for approval a yearly expense and capital budget with extended projections for three and five years.
- Establish goals and objectives by which the organization can be measured.
- Interpret and enforce policies and procedures that have been established by the Board of
- Supervise and provide leadership to the staff.
- Maintain and enforce personnel policies as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain procedures for evaluating staff on a continuing basis.
- Oversee Human Resource department regarding policies & procedures ensuring best practices at all times.
OUTREACH AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Develop and implement an outreach program designed to inform the community and its institutions about the availability, goals and uses of public access.
- Actively seek out alternative sources of funding in the community through grants, annual appeals and other development strategies.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the community and network with other nonprofit corporations to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with community agencies and institutions as well as with the public.
- Develop and maintain direct lines of communications with all users of access to provide support and assistance.
- Maintain and enforce policies as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Create relevant programming to a diverse City of over 100,000 residents.
OPERATIONS & PLANNING
- Oversee development and implementation of training for all staff, volunteers and users.
- Oversee development and implementation of operating rules and procedures for member usage of facilities, equipment and channel time.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of television production equipment and computer equipment purchases.
- Oversee access facilities design, construction, and maintenance.
- Development of long range planning for existing and new community communication services along with the facilities, staffing, training and equipment necessary to provide those services and the development of negotiating strategies for these operating and capital needs for BCATV at renewal of license agreement.
- Understanding of PEG licensing agreements and renewal strategies.
- Understanding of organizational By-Laws.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Brockton Community Cable TV
1 N Main Street Brockton Ma 02301Brockton, MA
EducationView all jobs at Brockton Community Cable TV