Broadstreet Homes Inc Fort Mill, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Tired of working for a large production national or regional builder where you are overworked and undervalued? Want life balance and a chance to make a difference?
Broadstreet Homes is growing and actively seeking the area's best talent who want to work in a culture and environment that is honest, rewarding, and fun. We are expanding our team which has created an exciting new career opportunity for a Purchasing Agent for our Indianland, SC office location.
Broadstreet is a place where you can build your career with the unwavering support of your team. Broadstreet offers an environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas and a team oriented and results driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued.
When you join the Broadstreet team, you are rewarded with:
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- A team oriented and results driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued.
- Excellent Compensation Package
- 401k Plan
- Outstanding Growth Potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Home Purchase Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
General Description of Position:
As a Purchasing Agent you will be responsible for managing, analyzing, and controlling homebuilding construction costs and divisional profitability. The ideal candidate will successfully ensure each home/project is built within budget and recommend process improvements. You will work daily with the management team, production and sales staff and subcontractors/vendors. The successfully candidate will have an opportunity to expand responsibilities and use the role as a path to broader management positions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of our BuilderTrend construction software for all communities and projects; continuously seek ways to enhance its efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement of costing, processes, and systems to ensure consistency, accuracy, and reliability. Identify and implement new methods and materials that achieve lower cost without sacrificing quality or company specifications.
- Manage and maintain accurate direct and indirect cost budgets for each floorplan and community to ensure company margins are being met.
- Finalize any approved change requests.
- Cost out non- standard option requests for sales as needed and add to job budgets.
- Maintain processes for change orders and/or purchase orders and inspections.
- Initiate job starts and ensure all start information in BuilderTrend is accurate at all times.
- Process Change Orders and update purchase orders/selections as applicable.
- Conduct prestart field audits to ensure any lot extra costs are accounted for in the job budgets to minimize variance. Research root cause of all variances and provide solution to eliminate.
- Maintain and document all community and vendor pricing in an organized, auditable fashion for easy reference.
- Maintain all construction documents to include subcontractor list, community specifications and plan documents.
- Visit jobsites regularly to verify accuracy of take-offs and trade partner performance is being met to specifications. Attend construction and community meetings and training as scheduled.
- Drive the permitting process for all starts and new projects
- Solicit all required documentation required and submit construction permit applications as needed.
- Work with trade partners to resolve any contract issues and approve trade partner invoices as needed.
- Provide resolution assistance on matters of payment disputes, performance issues and back charges.
- Conduct and lead subcontractor negotiations.
- Review trade agreements and scopes of work for accuracy and train vendors on agreements, scopes, policies, acceptable standards, and warranty requirement.
- Coordinate and Drive new value engineering initiatives with architects, engineering, and trade partners.
- Constantly monitor and evaluate division needs for current and future projects with existing trade partners, and recruit and vet new subcontractors and vendors as needs arise.
- Maintain consistent pipeline and activities for finding and vetting new subcontractors and vendors.
- Further develop competitive bid processes and procedures by which vendors, with adequate capacity, vie for future work and neighborhoods.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in residential purchasing and estimating required with mid or large regional or national builder experience.
- Knowledge of homebuilding and construction systems/processes and building codes.
- Must be able to read blueprints to maintain cost control and accuracy of take-offs.
- Knowledge of BuilderTrend or similar software is preferred, but not required.
- Must be organized and possess good time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize workflow and paperwork accurately with multiple interruptions.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and concerns in a positive manner.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, tact, and ability to influence others.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work, and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Work requires the ability to operate an automobile, have a valid state Driver’s License, and personal vehicle liability Insurance coverage to meet the standard set by Company.
- College degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
Broadstreet Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Testing and Credit Check are required. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
Broadstreet Homes IncWhy Work Here?
Honest family focused culture where employees are always first, strong core values, excellent benefits and real opportunity for advancement!
Broadstreet Homes, Inc. historically has been recognized as a production home building company serving the Charlotte, North Carolina market since 2002. Broadstreet is committed to building the right team while continuing to provide a culture and environment where the area's best talent wants to work including team members and trade partners.
AddressFort Mill, SC
BusinessView all jobs at Broadstreet Homes Inc