Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
Broadcast Management Group (BMG) has an opening for a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer (BMC) position to support our Las Vegas REMI Broadcast Center. This position will report to BMG’s SVP of Engineering. The BMC will be responsible for, maintaining, and troubleshooting broadcast equipment and installing and testing new equipment. This position may be sent on location to support remote productions.
We are looking for a well-rounded BMC who can assist in the creation of engineering signal flow synoptic diagrams and rack elevations. A complete understanding of broadcast and IT network technology is essential. This position will assist the Director of the REMI Broadcast Center and the SVP of Engineering with integration projects such as planned system upgrades, new facility design, equipment maintenance, consult on future technical expansions for internal and external clients, and other tasks with REMI Productions, Fly Packs and OB trucks. This position will also support production staff as needed in studio. This opening is for a Thursday to Monday work week with Tuesday and Wednesday off.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide technical production support for technical facilities within the production environment and ensure all equipment is running correctly on BMG client productions
• Serve as the Engineer in Charge (EIC) for assigned productions
• Serve as the Transmissions engineer for assigned production
• Handle BMG integration and upgrade projects of both small and large scale
• Be able to read, and understand broadcast engineering AutoCAD design drawings
• Work independently or with external vendors on integration projects and supporting equipment commissioning and training
• Able to positively interface with clients and install teams
• Assist with planned system upgrades and expansion of BMG projects
• Perform customer equipment maintenance as needed, occasionally working outside of normal business work hours
• Terminate, label and test video, audio, control, and network wires from a wire list and drawings
• Knowledge of approved broadcast installation standards and techniques
• Ability to wire up equipment using company policies and standards for quality and neatness
• Ability to travel for project-based assignments as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong knowledge of live multi-camera production
• Strong knowledge of streaming encoders and decoders (LiveU, TVU, and others)
• Strong knowledge of video over IP and NDI
• Strong knowledge of RTS Intercom Systems
• Strong knowledge of DANTE Audio
• Strong knowledge of video routers, switchers, replay systems, and networking
• Work well with clients and staff
• Able to work well under pressure within a live production environment and deadlines
• Able to work independently at a high level
Broadcast Management Group LLC
6445 W Sunset RdLas Vegas, NV
Arts and EntertainmentView All Broadcast Management Group LLC Jobs
Get fresh Broadcast Maintenance Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.