Electronic Field Service Technician
- Company vehicle provided (all expenses paid)
- Company Tools provided
- Training provided
- Company phone /laptop provided
- Remote position (Headquarters located in Santa Ana, Ca)
- Expect to work at least 40 hours a week/On call schedule for off hours
- Benefits offered after 60 days- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay / Paid Time Off
- 401 (k), 100% employer match up to 4%
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Field Service Technician role
- High Voltage experience
- Experience traveling for work is a MUST
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Experience assembling, installing and repairing electrical components, wiring and equipment
- Great communication / customer service skills
- Strong understanding of databases and develop schedule reporting for weekly metrics.
- Hands on systems development & equipment maintenance
- Hands on in using following tools and building electrical powernet systems: - Poweranalyzer, Multimeter, Cable crimpers, Cable cutters, Plyers, Cutters etc. - Soldering iron, E3 wireworks and Visio for schematic development - Computer Skills
- Handle inbound telephone calls from Dispatch and related field technicians to activate new site equipment as well as provide remote support to troubleshoot problems in the field
- Expected to take the lead role for installation and repair of EV charging station equipment in the field.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Remove and replace defective components
- Responsible for the performance of duties as a fully qualified electrician including installation, inspection and repair of all electrical/electronic equipment in the in the field.
- Configure and support electronic and digital devices used to monitor and control charging equipment (e.g. network router and modems and credit card equipment configurations)
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- On occasion, interface with customers and EV drivers to understand details of reported problems
- Ensure corrective maintenance is identified from reports and input from field, authorizes work, work order created and scheduled, and quality report is submitted to clients when work has been completed
- Expected travel about 25%-75% outside of geofence.
- Excellent compensation
- Full training program
- Expense reimbursement
- A long history of stability and growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short / Long term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Pay
This job is not for everyone, we are looking for the "RIGHT" person. As stated above, you will work at least 40 hours a week and be on call occasionally. You are required to work on a wide variety of systems and the ability to learn and retain information is essential.