- Posted: over a month ago
MDS Coordinator - Open to RN Candidates - Full Time - First Shift Position!
Skilled Nursing Facility
LAKE WACCAMAW NC / NORTH CAROLINA
NO MED CART RESPONSIBILITIES! NO WEEKENDS! NEVER PULLED TO THE FLOOR!
Summary: Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with the requirements of the state and the policies and goals of this facility.Qualifications: Education:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, RN preferred.
- Valid Nursing license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a supervisor in hospital, SNF or related health care setting. Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Coordinate and oversee Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments for each resident utilizing the appropriate forms required by the type of assessment.
- Ensure all assessments are completed timely and accurately within appropriately selected assessment reference date (ARD) and transmitted within required time frames, report problem areas to supervisor.
- Communication with interdisciplinary team related to all appropriate assessments.
- Meet with and solicit feedback from the department supervisors concerning the resident assessment/ careplan functions of the facility.
- Participation in the facility compliance program including utilization review and monthly triple check for billing accuracy.
- Review medical records for accurate documentation of the resident’s condition and make recommendations for the improvement of documentation as directed.
- Assist with pre-admission screenings to ensure Medicare eligibility entitlement and coverage for all relevant referrals and admissions.
- Participate in functional of development of discharge plans as appropriate for residents.
- Prepare Notices of Medicare Non-Coverage (NOMNC), Medicare non coverage letters and Skilled Nursing Facility Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage (SNF ABN) within the time limits imposed by Medicare guidelines.
- Monitor residents for change in condition and report to IDT per facility policies.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc as necessary.
- Maintain and update written facility policies and procedures that govern development, use and implementation of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI)/ Minimum Data Set (MDS) and care plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) program for the resident assessment/careplan.
- Review Quality measures (QMs) and the Five Star Data and make recommendations to QAPI committee.
- Ensure up to date information on the RAI and up to date MDS information is provided to appropriate staff in the facility.
- Participate in survey preparations and survey process as appropriate.
- Coordinate with therapists to report resident progress for those residents receiving direct therapy services under Medicare A & B.
- Provide licensed nursing care to residents that is consistent with person centered plan of care in the course of assessing residents.
- Assist in scheduling and development, review, and revision of all resident careplans and appropriate careplan meetings.
- Ensure all residents are treated with respect, dignity with consideration of their choices and rights including self-determination.
- Attend various facility meetings as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as charting, prepare reports, medical forms and billing charge sheets in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Appropriate compliance with infection control procedures and antibiotic stewardship.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Participate in continuing education and provide training for nursing and IDT members as directed and required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English language.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served in this setting.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/ personnel, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, positive disposition, and professionalism as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition to appropriate staff.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations and Premier Living policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.
- Must meet physical, sensory requirements per policy manual.
Premier Living and Rehab’s Benefits Package Includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, Dental, Vision provided by Humana
401K provided by BB&T
25,000 life insurance policy included at no cost to employees
Supplemental Life insurance (you, spouse, children) available by Allstate and Mutual of Omaha:
Term or whole life, short-term disability and long-term disability, major illness and accident insurance
Broad River Rehabilitation
AddressLake Waccamaw, NC