The Senior Power Electronics Engineer is responsible for the design of power circuit and driver circuit for all programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review all customer requirements including, but not limited to safety, electrical, thermal, and durable performance.
2. Benchmark available designs and conduct comparable studies.
3. Propose design strategies that will meet the requirements.
4. Coordinate team reviews and approval for recommended design strategy.
5. Identify all functional blocks including, but not limited to gate drive logic input, gate drive control chip, gate drive output stage, gate drive power supply, HV DC bus voltage measurement, and system fault protection including ground fault.
6. Conduct schematics/layout design, review, and team approval considering minimizing switching loop inductance, minimizing the EMI effect, eliminating mechanical vibration, and provide necessary HV isolation.
7. Investigate and propose potential cost reduction.
8. Support Dyno testing of samples.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Power Electronics design
- Advanced Engineering Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Altium
10% of travel is expected for this position.