Now hiring restaurant managers to work at the British Bankers Club, an exciting restaurant in downtown Menlo Park serving lunch, brunch, and dinner.
Our mission statement is "Simple food done well." We have achieved this by hiring hard-working talent who share our commitment to excellence. We encourage individual growth and challenge ourselves to always improve.
Manager candidates should have:
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant management experience in a comparable position
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Assertive outgoing personality
- Love working with people
- Ability to stay calm in high pressure situations
- Basic wine and spirit knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of systems, standardization, and process of change
- Proficient in Work and Excel
- Available to work evenings and weekends including Sunday
- Have reliable transportation
- A valid food handler's card or complete a course in food handling during the training
- Authorized to work in the United States
Responsibilities and job duties include:
- Daily operation of the restaurant in cooperation with the management team and Executive Chef
- Grow sales through staff education, guest satisfaction and local store marketing opportunities
- Control profit and loss
- Hiring / Staffing / Training
- All payroll functions
- Ensure safety and sanitation
- General maintenance of facilities
Competitive salary and compensation. Benefits include 5 day work week, paid vacation, and medical/dental.
All management positions require ability to maneuver around all areas of the restaurant and stairways, stand for periods for up to 10 hours, work in close quarters, bend and stoop. Reach, push, pull, and lift trays up to 25 lbs and bulk food products and cases up to 50 lbs. All positions that work directly with the guest must be able to understand and speak conversational English.