Currently interviewing for Chefs and Sous Chefs for The British Banker's Club, a contemporary tavern in Menlo Park. The restaurant includes a patio, private dining, and a roof top bar with kitchen. Our mission statement is "Simple food done well."
We are known for serving some of the best food and service on the Peninsula. We have achieved this by hiring hard-working talent who share our commitment to excellence. We encourage individual growth and challenge ourselves to always improve ourselves.
In particular we are searching for working Chefs with a passion for what they do and opportunity to grow.
- Overseeing the daily operation of the kitchen
- Menu/event planning including recipe and product development
- Staff training including support documentation
- Control profit and loss, food and labor costs
- Ensure safety and sanitation, and general maintenance of facilities.
Candidates should have:
- Chef de Cuisine, minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Sous Chef minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Certification, AOS or equivalent in culinary a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Authorized to work in the United States
· Ability to maneuver around all areas of the kitchen, stand for periods for up to 10 hours, work in close quarters, bend, scoop, reach, push and pull, and lift trays up to 25 lbs., and lift other food products and boxes up to 50 lbs.