Responsible for managing Demand Management, Sales Orders, Scheduling, Purchasing, Vendor Management, MRP, Inventory Control, Warehousing, and Material Handling. This position will establish and implement the supply chain strategy in conjunction with the lean manufacturing process.
- Establishes and/or approves organizational objectives for the functions over which management is exercised.
- Accomplishes results through direct reports and staff working within established organizational objectives.
- Performs typical responsibilities of management requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and coaching.
- Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Manages and updates, in concert with Director of Quality, the Company’s policy for strategic sourcing, contract management, vendor performance management, material handling and purchasing.
- Responsible for overall management of vendors.
- Establishes relationships, negotiates leveraged purchasing agreements, negotiates and maintains global and national contracts, assists in negotiations with vendors that are sole source for the company and monitoring compliance of organization to policy and contracts.
- Develops and maintains purchasing strategies and procedures for raw materials, purchased parts, fabricated parts, components, services, supplies and assets.
- Manages the proactive coordination and collaboration with all Operating, Engineering and Sales management to determine sourcing needs, timing and inventory levels.
- Evaluates and proposes alternate (considering cost, quality, time, and capital) manufacturing, assembly, and/or repair arrangements based on sourcing initiatives.
- Responsible for MRP control, procedure and maintenance. Ensures that company and customer standards and procedures are followed in connection with the purchase of materials and services.
- Responsible for Shipping/Receiving, Stockroom & NCMRB area including staff, support and material movement procedures.
- Reviews organization, staffing and training, and development plans to ensure that they are consistent and adequate for attainment of company’s goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in Supply Chain management
- Professional certifications in purchasing logistics preferred.
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency with using spreadsheets and work-related software to the fullest capabilities
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines and responsiveness
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Works well in team environment