Enterprise SaaS Cloud Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BriteCore is seeking an Architect to establish technical direction for the team. As an Architect, you will ensure optimal design of AWS services, RDBMS systems, and data pipelines.
As an Architect in a dynamic, fast-paced environment you will get the opportunity to flex your creative muscles while leading a team of brilliant engineers and QA professionals. You’ll have a chance to conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for Enterprise SaaS Applications while providing direction for design activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Driving research, case studies, and prototypes on leading-edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Providing hands-on development where appropriate
- Designing proof-of-concept pilots and working closely with technical leads to drive successful POC implementations
- Communicating architecture design decisions and impacts to key stakeholders
- Translates customer business requirements into specific systems, applications, or process designs for solutions and integrating architecture.
- Creates system and development documentation.
- Tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications.
Skills and Requirements
- 10+ years of overall IT/software development experience, solution design, and technical architecture, including time driving application architecture design and AWS implementation
- Must have a track record of building and deploying mission-critical, highly distributed, large scale SaaS applications
- Must have strong knowledge of failure modes, resiliency patterns, and techniques to enable robust, self-healing architecture
- Experience in how legacy and web-based systems interfaces, Application Programmable Interfaces (APIs).
- Strong understanding of DevOps technologies
- Thorough understanding of big data architectures including physical composition (e.g. network, storage, compute, and hardware) as well as physical modeling, distribution, partitioning, and parallelism.
- Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques
Nice to have
- Good understanding of event processing/messaging, i.e. Kafka/Rabbit MQ, as well as logging, auditing, and metrics, i.e. ElasticSearch/Kibana, Hadoop/Spark
- Good Experience with Continuous Integration and hands-on experience (tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven, Ant, Bamboo)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Benefits and Compensation
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement plan with company match
BriteCore is an enterprise management platform for Property Casualty Insurance carriers. When a significant liability or property loss occurs, our customers are there to put lives and businesses back together.
Our team manages complex financial and legal transactions at scale through a modern SaaS platform. BriteCore is responsible for the entire P&C value chain including rating, distribution, policy administration, claims management, and financial reporting, among others. Our customers are extremely stable and loyal organizations that depend on us for the majority of their software needs.
BriteCore is a fast-growing company that has raised significant capital as an emerging leader in our industry. Our strong reputation for innovation and total commitment to customer success has produced steady growth over many years.
AddressSan Mateo, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at BriteCore