Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
We are seeking a highly-motivated research scientist with extensive experience in image analysis and feature extraction of H&E and/or immunohistochemistry (IHC) stains to join the Translational Bionformatics group at our Cambridge MA site. This position will use cutting-edge pathology image analysis and bioinformatics approaches to identify mechinisms of resistance to current cancer therapies using advanced IHC imaging of patient tumors and will collaborate with pathologists, biologists, and other bioinformaticians to apply their findings to target identification and patient selection questions for new cancer therapies. The successful candidate must have experience in utilizing pathology image analysis software in the quantification of IHC staining expression, including tumor/stroma classification and cellular feature extraction. The candidate should be able to perform statistical analyses and data visualization using data analysis packages such as R, Python, and/or MATLAB. Preference will be given to individuals who have experience with monoplex and multiplex stain quantification (chromogenic and/or fluorescent) using various software platforms including Halo, Visiopharm, and Inform.
- Hands-on implementation/support of pathology whole slide image analysis tools and technology
- Work alongside image scientists in the digital pathology group to manage, prepare and analyze pathology whole slide images to support translational research in Oncology and Immuno-Oncology
- Collaborate with biology and pathology colleagues to define analysis plans and derive features for analysis
- Perform bioinformatics analyses and data visualization, including analytics associating image analysis features with response and survival data, genetic features and other sample attributes using cox regression models, hypothesis testing, ROC analysis, and other statistical tools
- Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology
- Prepare and present findings from image analysis projects to other groups within BMS
- Collaborate with other image scientists to propose, review and finalize future image analysis algorithm development and project work
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline with 3 or more years of related experience in a university pathology lab or pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Prior experience working within the biotech/pharma industry, processing and analyzing digitized pathology whole slide pathology images
- Fluent in one or more digital pathology analysis software packages; including HALO, Visiopharm, Definiens, Inform and/or Aperio Image Analysis
- Excellent programming skills in one or more analytics packages such as R, Python and/or MATLAB
- Knowledge of various digital imaging scanner and/or experience imaging chromogen and fluorescent stains is desired
- Prior experience in developing image analysis algorithms in feature extraction of tumor, stroma, and various cell types through stains and morphometric features is desired
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to collaborate effectively with lab scientists and pathologists
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
- The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole
- Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization
- Background in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology and/or experience working with clinical trial data is a plus
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.