Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bioinformatics – Single Cell Sequencing & NGS Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatician with academic and/or industry experience to join our Cambridge MA Translational Bioinformatics group. The successful candidate will work with bioinformaticians, experimental biologists and others to design, process and analyze single cell RNAseq and related experiments. You will collaborate with experts in oncology, drug discovery and next-gen sequencing inside and outside of BMS to advance our understanding of resistance to current cancer therapies and develop new approaches to benefit patients.
- Assess and integrate new methods and algorithms for single cell sequencing data processing and analysis
- Collaborate with fellow bioinformaticians, statisticians, biologists, and clinicians to answer critical questions using single cell sequencing datasets
- Analyze internal and external single cell sequencing data sets to generate and test hypotheses about mechanisms of cancer drug response and resistance in clinical and pre-clinical studies
- Provide expertise on issues related to normalization, imputation and analysis of single cell sequencing data
- Present results and conclusions to internal and external stakeholders
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 3+ years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Experience in oncology or immunology research is desirable
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with scientists across a broad range of disciplines
- Experience designing, analyzing and interpreting single cell RNAseq experiments including comparing abundance of novel and predefined cell types and gene expression levels
- Familiar with standard single cell RNAseq tools such as Cell Ranger, SmartSeq2 pipeline and Seurat.
- Knowledge of additional single cell post processing applications (scater, scPipe, etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of R and relevant statistical methods are required.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix is required. Familiarity with AWS cloud computing is desirable.