We are looking for an experienced Senior Research Scientist to lead the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) operations within the antibody generation group. NGS is an integral part of our ongoing efforts to discover novel therapeutic antibodies. This scientist is expected to contribute in every aspect to NGS operations from high throughput sample preparation, data upload, analysis and mining large sequence datasets.
- Apply molecular biology approaches such as RT-PCR to recover transcripts of interest, in high throughput automated environment.
- Follow current NGS protocols, prepare cDNA samples and help run NGS machines as necessary.
- Upload, QC and Analyze NGS data and communicate results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify gaps where data analytics and/or visualization will help us understand and share our data and results.
- Collaborate with IT business partner to refine and implement solutions including coding as necessary where “off the shelf” solutions are not available.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
- Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
- PhD with 4 years' industry experience. The degree should be in molecular biology or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology techniques especially RT-PCR and PCR is required.
- Knowledge of antibody sequence analysis and manipulation is required.
- Ability to handle large number of delicate samples simultaneously is required.
- Past experience with automation is desirable.
- Past working experience with Illumina NGS is required, past experience with 10X genomics platforms is highly desirable.
- Good work ethics and being self-motivated is essential.
- Excellent communication and time management skills are required.