Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Regional Operations Manager supports the Global Process Operations and Service Provider Management team to maximize the value provided to the business by partnering with the appointed Global Process Directors (GPDs), for all in-scope sub-processes. The Regional Operations is responsible for collecting and sharing detailed knowledge of regional and local requirements, ensuring these requirements are appropriately accounted for within the global processes, helping to manage the regional execution of all global processes/platforms/policies, driving governance of regional programs/projects, ensuring stabilization of regional process/project implementation, assessing regional process/policy/platform performance, driving continuous improvement, and cohesively integrating with other process groups/business functions via relationship building and influence.
· Engage process stakeholders at all levels to solicit their input and earn buy-in on new initiatives in Strategy to Order Operations (Contracting, Vendor Master, Requisition to PO, and Service Desk) and other SP&O initiatives.
· Expertly communicate information, through thoughtful translation and personalization, with regional stakeholders on global process intent, design, supporting technologies, procedural steps, hand-offs and KPIs relevant for assigned region.
· Support Regional Operations as needed, assisting with market escalations and developing, simplifying and continuously improving global processes and policies.
· Understand, define and communicate regional and/or local customization requirements relative to the processes they cover, and the impact these local accommodations may entail, while driving global standards and reducing the amount of regional variations.
· Ensure processes enable compliance with relevant legislation and company procedures within assigned region, and communicate any non-compliance risks to the Regional Operations.
· Work in concert with fellow Regional Operations across the end-to-end SP&O process areas to share insights and drive collaboration.
· Maintain strong relationships and partnerships with SP&O Global Process Directors and country leads to communicate a clear vision for processes across the operating model and region, to ensure:
clear recognition of value-delivery to the business, demonstrated through interactions & reports
seamless representation of SP&O to key Business Partners
all process performance targets are met or exceeded
· Collects feedback and expectations from all stakeholders in the markets about evolution of business requirements, desired evolution of processes, and continuous innovation ideas.
· Proactively support new project identification, business case development and implementation within assigned region, aligned to the Global SP&O Strategy.
· Collaborate with Service Delivery Provider to drive the implementation of major process and technology improvement initiatives, ensuring both successful:
alignment to Global Processes as well as Regional Strategies
post-implementation stabilization and adoption
· Contribute to the identification of consistent KPIs and targets based on the approved global business process and adjusted for locally required customizations, and support the development and reporting assessment of key regional metrics.
· Ensure services are provided at competitive costs and work closely with GPLs and SP&O Leadership to fully understand and improve business results.
· Collaborate with GPLs and IT to provide input on systems including ERP, data warehouse, business intelligence and end user applications to ensure they effectively and efficiently support SP&O process goals for regional variations, as applicable.
· Assist with change management, training and adoption by participating in and contributing to organization, stakeholder and end-user impact analysis within assigned region.
· Anticipate needs, assess and manage business risk-taking; escalate issues that may impact the assigned region to the Organization’s SP&O Leaders.
· Provide timely communications and updates on activities and issues to the GPLs and SP&O Leaders; proactively participate in process governance.
· Foster and cultivate a culture that embraces best practice, innovation, learning and continuous improvement; create excellent internal and external customer experience as defined by the SP&O Leaders and his/her appointed Sub-GPLs.
· Global Procurement and Regional Market Leads
· GFS Operations, Country and Regional Leads
· Finance & Accounting Regional and Market Leads
· Key Regional Business Unit Leads: R&D, GMS, Commercial
· Regional Legal, Business Controls Function and Internal Audit Leads
· IT System & Integration Teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field, with some emphasis on quantitative analysis.
· 7-10 years of experience within the Procurement, Finance, or Accounting field (or a combination thereof), with preference for Procure-to-Pay processes within similar large multi-national organization(s); Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
· Fluency in English required; proficiency in another market language desired e.g French, German, or Italian.
· Demonstrated ability to lead with accountability, urgency and decisiveness.
· Experience successfully working with colleagues internationally, especially in a highly collaborative manner and culture.
· Demonstrated experience leading Change through process re-engineering and valuation/implementation of best practices and leading technologies, with knowledge of industry best practices and local accommodations.
· Strong virtual team leadership, communications, project management, analytical, organization and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated Customer Service mindset and successful ability to lead through influence rather than authority.
· Solution-oriented thinker, with demonstrated ability to assess and promptly corrective-action problems.
· Solid understanding of the role of the SP&O Team in supporting the BMS Business Unit Objectives.
Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed, up to 50%, depending on assignment; frequent travel to BMS HQs, Service Delivery Provider locations, local Market offices and GFS Capability Centers within assigned region is anticipated.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.