Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Support preclinical discovery in vivo PK, metabolism, and safety studies: Prepare all study materials and support requests. Perform dosing, sampling and sample preparation. Properly document all study-related information appropriately within the BMS software applications.
· Preparation of animal study supplies.
· Preparation of support requests.
· Conduct of animal studies: dosing of animals (typically mice, rats, dogs and non-human primates; iv, po, sc, ip are the usual dose routes); sample collection (blood, bile, excreta, tissues) and sample preparation (e.g., homogenization, centrifugation, aliquoting).
· Maintain clear and timely observations on all study animals. Record accurately and timely all study-related data in computer databases.
· The biological technician will work with radiolabeled and highly potent and toxic materials.
· Routine laboratory maintenance. Must follow all applicable SOP’s, policies and procedures
· The Biological Technician must have AALAS certification as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) plus a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate science or the equivalent education/experience as determined by the Company.
· Must regularly participate in other training programs that enhance his/her work related knowledge.
· The Biological Technician will work under guidance and direction, but demonstrate conceptual understanding and ability to initiate tasks.
· The employee must be able to exert moderate physical effort in moving heavy equipment and perform heavy lifting. The employee will have frequent exposure to biohazards and disagreeable conditions, including odors, heat, noise, animal excrement and will have potential exposure to toxic test compounds.
· Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to multitask in a highly collaborative environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.