Public Relations & Business Development Internship
- Expired: May 09, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brilliant PR & Marketing, one of the most respected and rapidly growing agencies focused on family-oriented brands, seeks a REMOTE Public Relations & Business Development Intern, 15 hours a week to help support the agency’s growing, award-winning team.
Who We Are:
So what’s Brilliant all about? We are a unique PR agency with nearly 20 team members who all work remotely across the US. We give our team the resources they need to get their work done without having to sit in a cubicle or stuffy office. From costume contests to virtual happy hours and Slack GIFs, we prioritize connecting with each other and creating a sense of community. Although we are remote, team members are expected to be available online during regular business hours, and there is occasional travel for events and trade shows.
What We Do:
Brilliant is in its second decade as a fully remote company and is one of the most respected agencies serving consumer lifestyle brands with a specific focus on products, brands, and services for families including baby and maternity, toys and games, tech, housewares, and food.
What We’re Looking For:
Our Dream Team Member:
- Excited about the prospect of not knowing what tomorrow will bring.
- Enjoys crossing things off your to-do list
- Resourceful, committed, and deliberate
- Reads media, scrolls TikTok, and finds new brands and start-ups
- Shares in brainstorms and isn’t afraid to come up with and try new ideas while encouraging others to speak up
- Wants to be a part of a small but strong and mighty team
- Appreciates the art of public relations and all of the (sometimes crazy!) moving parts
- Passionate about influencer marketing.
- Being a parent is not a requirement, but being a kid at heart is!
We have three internship sessions – Fall/Winter (August-December), Spring (January – May), and Summer (May-August) – and many interns end up staying for multiple sessions. Active interns get first pick for the following semester internship spots!
This isn’t an internship to organize files, it’s the one where you are truly integrated into a team to understand how it operates and the fundamentals of a strong career in PR. With that, it is critical that interns can meet deadlines, respond to messages in a timely manner, and be proactive in communicating with their team.
Potential Responsibilities Include:
- Use technology platforms such as Google Drive, AirTable,Google, TikTok, Instagram, Seamless, LinkedIn and more to assist your team in, research, media and influencer relations, social media, content creation, and more
- Learn how to identify media/influencer targets and assist your team in building lists
- Prospecting brands and networking contacts
- Help your team monitor and report media, influencer, and social coverage on behalf of clients and create monthly clippings reports
- Contribute creative ideas to team brainstorms for client campaigns, activations and events
- Learn how to write an engaging caption across Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Improve your writing skills but drafting press materials and research material
- Maintenance and updating of critical databases/resources
- Data entry and varied research to help with projects such as award submissions, event recommendations, planning events, and more
- You must be a rising junior or senior
- Previous office internship experience required in the marketing space
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Commit at least 15 hours a week during our normal office hours or 8-5 in your time zone
- Excellent writing skills
- Social media savvy
- Strong organizational abilities
- Professional demeanor and a drive to succeed
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to ask questions
- Resourceful attitude and keen attention to detail
***Prior to applying for this position, please contact your College or University Career Center and verify that you are eligible to receive College Credits for an Internship although accepting credit hours is not necessary to accept an offer. If selected, Brilliant will reimburse you $250 each month for using your personal cell phone, computer, and home internet.***
Powered by JazzHR
Brilliant PR & Marketing
Get fresh Public Relations Internships jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.