Credit and Collections Specialist
Brilliant Financial Staffing- Chicago Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged by one of our clients located in Chicago, IL to assist them in their search for a Credit and Collections Specialist to join their corporate finance team. The Credit and Collections Specialist will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that all outstanding balances are received from customers, as well as assisting in setting up and maintaining lines of credit. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, with great attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and ready to start on a contract-to-hire basis.
- Perform credit analysis of prospective customers applying for credit, utilizing external credit risk management reports and credit references
- Establish credit limits for new accounts or make recommendations to management for approval
- Enforce established company credit policy
- Process month end billing adjustments and routine maintenance adjustments on accounts
- Ensure appropriate approvals have been obtained prior to processing an adjustment
- Aid in resolution of AR disputes; including missing invoices or payments, PO issues and new billing accounts customer is not aware of
- Assist in providing requested supporting documentation during the fiscal year audit
- Reduce payment delinquency on unpaid accounts by proactively reaching out to customers with payment reminders, sending out notices of default as necessary and using independent judgement to develop payment plans for risky accounts
- Interface with appropriate departments to research outstanding balances and resolve customer issues
- Identify delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts
- Respond to internal and external customer account inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft AX preferred, not required
- Excel: Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPS required
- Previous credit experience reviewing new and existing accounts
- Previous collections experience
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
Brilliant Financial Staffing- ChicagoWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to work for an industry leading staffing firm where you can make authentic connections with candidates and client contacts
Brilliant is an award-winning direct-hire, contract and consulting practice specializing in accounting, finance and technology for the Midwest and Southeast regions of the U.S. Many of Brilliant’s team members include former accounting, finance and technology professionals who are experts in the fields.
Finance and Insurance