Monitors and reviews the inspection and daily quality control activities for incoming materials, work in-process, and final inspections and testing of finish products, to meet specification and quality standards.
- Tests and processes all raw materials, intermediates and finished goods samples in a timely manner.
- Performs QA floor audits, analysis, etc.
- Documents test results as required by the company's quality control testing procedures.
- Evaluates test results and communicating deviations from the product specifications to the QA Supervisor and operators.
- Collects samples: raw materials, intermediates and finished goods to submit for microbial testing and evaluation at contract labs.
- Data entry into various systems and spreadsheets for QA program reporting.
- Bakes samples in lab.
- Performs pre-op and changeover inspections (including collecting ATP swabs).
- Enters test data and releases products in ERP system. Segregates and marks any non-conforming product identified while performing line verifications or product evaluation.
- Completes all necessary reporting and recordkeeping on product samples released and perform data entry for Statistical Process Control of production in a timely manner.
- Completes Certificates of Analysis as required.
- Performs daily equipment calibration.
- Performs established analytical tests on specified raw ingredients and certify for use in production.
- Assists in training new QA Laboratory technicians in physical baking and analytical testing procedures as well as inspection audit requirements.
- Completes established shelf life tests of product samples as required.
- Maintains cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensures proper care of equipment.
- Supports product safety, quality and legality.
- Supports, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs and legality.
- Supports and complies with GMPs.
- Participates in EDGE initiatives.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in quality control/assurance in the food or related industry is required.
- Must have intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions and perform tasks and projects derived from written instructions. Understand, read, speak and write in English.
- Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively and efficiently, keep confidential information secure, and be able to work well alone, as well as in a team environment.
- Perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, as well as an ability to use a calculator.
- Basic Statistical Process Control skills (using control charts, scatter diagrams, histograms, checksheets)
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to wear company-provided uniform.