Brill, Inc., a CSM Bakery Solutions company is a leader in bakery ingredients and products serving retail bakeries and foodservice operators across North America. We have been inspiring creativity and defining special occasions since 1928 with ready-to-use icings, glazes, toppings, cakes, cookies and muffins. No matter how our business grows, one thing remains the same: a deep commitment to customer care, exceptional technical expertise and rigorous standards of excellence. Our promise is to deliver fresh ideas and superior formulations that help our customers create a one-of-a-kind bakery experience.
Now it's your turn. Go on... Be Brilliant.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor to oversee QA Lab functions. The QA Supervisor will ensure compliance with all company, industry, quality, food safety, and legality guidelines, such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), SPC (Statistical Process Control), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in support of the plant's Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide daily leadership to the QA Lab Team; provide training and coaching to ensure associates perform at their best and deliver results in a continuous process improvement environment.
- Develop and maintain clear objectives for QA lab techs; monitor KPI's for achieving results while fostering a safe working environment.
- Ensure that established process control procedures are followed throughout the plant; assist in the development, training, and implementation of process control procedures.
- Support maintaining plant compliance to the HACCP Plan and quality systems programs; conduct regular plant food safety and security audits.
- Participate and lead in Food Safety, Quality Reviews, HACCP Team Meetings and activities.
- Provide training to QA/QC and production associates on Food Safety, GMP requirements, SPC and process control, product evaluation, HACCP, and HACCP pre-requisite programs.
- Maintain daily product evaluation programs (scoring key quality indicators, shelf life studies, etc.).
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes (root cause analysis, problem solving, complaint investigation, etc.)
- Audit the established process control checks (raw ingredients, WIP, finished product, and packaging) and pre-requite programs to ensure daily compliance.
- Maintain a record keeping system which provides immediate access to data and product records for a minimum of three years.
- Develop job opportunities for QA Leads and Lab Technicians through certificate programs, cross-training initiatives and setting clear objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance/ Control experience in the food and/or beverage industry with 2 years of experience as a Team Lead or Supervisor
- Intermediate proficiencies with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively and efficiently, keep confidential information secure, and be able to work well alone, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- BRC or SQF experience preferred
Why Work Here?
We are an international leader in the baking industry!