Brill, Inc., a CSM Bakery Solutions company is a leader in bakery ingredients and products serving retail bakeries and foodservice operators across North America. We have been inspiring creativity and defining special occasions since 1928 with ready-to-use icings, glazes, toppings, cakes, cookies and muffins. No matter how our business grows, one thing remains the same: a deep commitment to customer care, exceptional technical expertise and rigorous standards of excellence. Our promise is to deliver fresh ideas and superior formulations that help our customers create a one-of-a-kind bakery experience.
Now it's your turn. Go on... Be Brilliant.
3D Systems and Brill are pioneering a new technology for 3D food printing that can scale mass production of sugar printed parts for the restaurant, casino, food service, and hospitality industries.
We are looking for candidates who can push this transformational technology into a commercial success.
Reporting to the R&D Innovation Manager, the individual will be responsible for knowing the customer, knowing the technology, and connecting the 2 to produce innovative new 3D printed sugar concepts for the hospitality industry. Working cross functionally, supporting the sales and marketing teams, and working closely with the engineering and food science team, this technical support role will create and deliver key use parameters for our customers.
The 3D printing application engineer will provide a range of support, from internal cross-functional collaboration, which will help identify and understand print quality metrics, application limitations, and processing effects, to external customer support, which helps with initial technology demonstrations and post sales consulting
Major Tasks and Duties:
- Represent the voice of the customer during development lifecycle to support proper print output parameter
- Manage application life-cycle from initial analysis through development and commercialization
- Broker between customer want and machine capability to get best output
- Work with Sales and Marketing to “win” opportunities with new customers. Create and present application concepts.
- Identify best printing solutions (applications) for clients, and ensure proper implementation of those solutions for optimal scalability and manufacturability
- Work with clients to create custom and specific training materials to fit their needs
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relations with customers.
- Build collaborative relationships between our company and our customers, to enable new designs and new food experiences
- Rapidly resolve customer requests, complaints, and inquiries
- Promote products and services at trade shows and organize display materials
- Create training guides, white papers, and knowledge briefs about application processes, ingredient components, and finished printed parts
- Conduct presentations, seminars, and webinars
- Act as technical liaison, consult with customers and prospects, capture feedback and report back to related department, continually work to improve products and services
- Assume responsibility for maintaining effective working relations, communication, and coordination with company personnel and with management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Food or Mechanical), Mechanics, Food Science, Design, Architecture or equivalent experience. Culinary degree and/or certification a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience within the Food / Restaurant Industry, a plus
- Engineering or Mechanical background, a plus
- Experience with design tools
- Experience / understanding of relationship between digitization and manufacturing, a plus
- Outstanding organization, time management and follow-up skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build strong relationships, public relation skills
- Excels at bridging technical, customer, design and business domains
- Strong communication skills, both external and internal, written and verbal
- Results focused with an agile /entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work in cross functional teams, works with little supervision in fast-paced environment, and take initiative to execute customer strategies
- Ability to learn wide range of technical concepts, and inquisitive nature to clearly identify customers problems and needs
- Interest in culinary innovation
- Familiarity with 3D Printing