Brilar One Team, Your Team! Snow is just around the Corner!
Brilar seeks to be a premiere and sought-after employer and be the absolute best, leading the commercial landscaping and snow removal industry in quality, professionalism and profitability. We are constantly growing and take pride in allowing our employees to grow and advance as we do. What began as a business with a fleet of two pick-up trucks in 1977, has since evolved into Brilar (2010), a multi-dimensional company providing a full spectrum of external facility maintenance services throughout the Midwest & Across the Nation.
As a Plow and Salt Truck Driver you will operate a variety of trucks with attached equipment including, but not limited to, V-Blade Plow, Straight Blade Plow, Back Blade Plow and you will also need to be able to operate a truck with a Salt or Sand Spreader, or a Liquid Ice Control Spreader.
Other responsibilities, include, but not limited to
- Plow or salt-truck driving safely and efficiently at commercial properties, including, but not limited to multi-family locations, roadways, parking lots, pedestrian pathways, driveways, dock areas, and the exteriors of high trafficked areas to pre-treat or de-ice areas with salt or de-ice, and or remove snow by plowing, or pushing with plow.
- Plow snow to clear entrances, parking lots, roadways, driveways, loading areas, walking pathways, among others in winter conditions including snow, snow/rain mix, extreme weather and temperatures
- Plow snow to create a safe pathway for the public, pedestrians, and traffic
- Salt-Spreading with truck on trafficked areas to pre-treat or de-ice snow
- Salt-Spread with truck to create a safe pathway for the public, pedestrians, and traffic
- Report to assigned branch, or location within time frame given
- Be on call during the winter months for all snow and ice events
- May assist during an ice or snow event with salt spreading or removing snow by operating other equipment.
- Report any damages or other snow and ice management issues to Brilar site snow supervisor
- Ensures work is being conducted in a safe manner, and maintains work areas safe for the employee, the customer, public and the environment.
- Perform at a high and safe level of productivity
- Able to pass a pre-hire drug test
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a DOT test
- Able to be on-call and have a flexible work schedule
- Must have Plowing Snow experience with a variety of plow attachments
- Able to drive and operate a Salt-Truck during a snow or ice event
- Able to communicate well with others and able to read site maps
- Able to work in different weather elements including and not limited to extreme cold, snow, wind, and rain
- Able to lift, bend, walk repeatedly in winter conditions
- Able to work throughout the day, including nights, weekends and able to report on time
We offer the best snow hourly rate in town!
Hired Liked It and Want to Stay Full Time? We also offer full-time positions!
Brilar LLC, is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Snow Removal, Commercial Snow, Shoveling, Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment, Plow Trucks, Plowing, Snow