SALARIED POSITION: Yes. Pay Based on Restaurant Management Experience.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation of the restaurant including overseeing running of shifts, employee issues, customer service, cost controls, scheduling, ordering(including catering orders), prep lists, equipment/premises maintenance, sanitation, training, hiring, and employee performance reviews for the restaurant. It will be your responsibility to hold every team member responsible for their specific job and specifically support supervisors while holding them responsible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties are included in Crew Member, Dishwasher, and Prepper Employee Expectations. Other assistant manager duties will be assigned as needed):
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified employees.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee reviews according to standing operating procedure.
- Work with Manager to design and post team schedule in a timely manner weekly. Schedule should follow Schedule Hour Budgeting document to control labor costs but also should follow position checker to ensure each shift will be appropriately staffed. Review daily shift logs to improve and learn how a schedule can be improved.
- Provide cleanliness score reviews and supervisor shift review assessments multiple times per month
- Work with Manager to know how to send emails to the team if need be.
- Act as Manager in times when Manager is not at restaurant.
- Support Catering Teams to successfully sell, prepare, cook, expo, and deliver orders when need be.
- Take Initiative to make BWK better. Listen and discover problems and turn them into solutions and improvements.
- Check in food or packaging orders, stock them correctly, and digitally approve accurately orders via SimpleOrder
- Work with leadership team to decide wokstar awards and other incentives for team appreciation including: events, contests etc.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure.
- Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to Brightwok Kitchen procedures.
- Lead by example and promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Be “hands on” with all FOH positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for service personnel. Count cash drawers and manage cash bank in private and confidential manner. Conduct bank runs when needed.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Ensure adequate evening prep levels based on business levels. Track items to ensure we do have enough for projected volume of shift and the following shift.
- Be proficient in developing a morning prep list with the chef/KM to ensure preparation quantities for all meal periods.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality and preparedness of all items.
- Write agenda for and conduct periodic meetings.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff, and follow up to ensure project completion.
- Work to ensure timely, positive, and accurate service for each guest.
- Assure and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Ensure all team members are providing consistent portioning and proactively train and retrain team members.
- Prepare food storage according to standard operating procedures.
- Assure compliance with and uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Fully understand and practice the BWK company philosophies, BWK Staff Guide and employee benefits.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Create appropriate atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address all customer complaints and problems, and respond to their needs with courtesy, tact, patience and good judgment.
- Oversee and be responsible for all financial aspects of the store/unit including payroll, direct operating cost of goods & sales growth, and maintaining bills in quickbooks.
- Track high cost items according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform bi-weekly inventory counts
- Be proficient at ordering appropriate restaurant supplies to be prepared and stocked appropriately for projected volume. Be proficient at checking in, signing off, and storing all orders according to BWK set zones .
- Comprehend and adhere to sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to Chef/KM and Manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment including the Point of Sale system, backend system, operational excel models on the BWK Leadership Intranet, along with quickbooks.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and guests.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management. Provide direction and constructive feedback to supervisors and all BWK team members.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Take initiative to lead new projects that will improve BWK’s hospitality, operations, team culture, etc.
- Provide receipts for all purchases you make with your BWK credit card.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $22.00 - $28.00/hour.
About Brightwok Kitchen: Counter-serve Asian hub offering gluten- and dairy-free stir-fries & salads in bright, modern digs. Learn more about us at Brightwok.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.