Under general supervision, performs routine manual and administrative duties in material area such as receiving, storing and issuing materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
· Receives material.
· Checks material against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity.
· Sorts, counts and checks received goods, raw materials, finished or semi-finished parts and sub-assemblies.
· Stores articles in proper location and enters transactions into warehouse management system.
· Pulls items issues material, supplies, components, and parts from stock.
· Prepares stock kits for production departments.
· Audit contents of kits and stock.
· Initiates reorders of warehouse supplies when minimum quantities are reached.
· Prepares shortage documentation.
· Reviews status of shortages, back order files and inventory status reports.
· Interfaces with other functional areas such as receiving inspection, production control, and assembly departments in order to coordinate shortages or expedite stock problems
· Keeps stock in orderly arrangement.
· Researches part numbers.
· Maintains documents and files.
· Utilizes small hand tools, scales and operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, skids, palette handlers, and hand trucks.
· Performs other quality related duties as required to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 AS9120 standard.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in an aerospace or auto industry distribution environment a plus.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
United Aero Group offers a competitive health insurance plan and additional supplemental plans are available through Aflac. A matching 401k plan is available after 3 months of employment.
**United Aero Group is a drug free workplace, all candidates must pass a pre-employment screening**
Brightwater Uag LLC
Why Work Here?Brightwater UAG (otherwise known as United Aero Group) is an aerospace component distributor and service provider. We are a distributor for many large OEMs including Sikorsky Aircraft and Honeywell (Bendix King) Aviation. We ship to all corners of the globe from our warehouse in Shelton CT. We are a family owned and operated business and operate in a friendly and encouraging environment where team work is valued greatly.
Great work environment, great benefits, and a great team to be a part of!