FTR- Full Time
8a - 4p
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Interacts and engages with residents while in their apartments and throughout the community.
- Responds to maintenance service requests from residents; performs required work or advises supervisor of additional resources needed.
- Participates in the quick and efficient turnaround of vacated apartments to prepare them for visits from prospective residents and move in of new residents.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep tasks throughout the community.
- Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records to document maintenance.
- Ensures proper handling, storage, and maintenance of potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment; maintains proper documentation and MSDS logs as required by OSHA.
- Drives community vehicles, including transporting residents as needed.
- Participates in and attends all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years hands-on maintenance or related experience.
- Proficiency with variety of hand and power tools commonly used in construction, maintenance and/or landscaping.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of general maintenance tasks, such as painting, basic carpentry, minor dry wall repair, installation of assorted fixtures, and electrical and plumbing repairs that do not require a license.
- CFC Refrigerant Certification or ability to gain certification within three months of hire.
- Current driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.