REPORTS TO: Program Director
LOCATION: 1545 Inwood Ave, Bronx, NY
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Adult Day Health Care
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
***Must be a Registered Dietitian***
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Dietitian plans and delivers nutritional information to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease.
- Assesses client nutritional status and needs according to facility and regulatory agency standards, and participates as part of interdisciplinary care planning
- Evaluates medical records to obtain necessary medical information to determine client nutritional status, needs, and develop nutrition care plans
- Consults with physicians, nurse practitioners on appropriate nutritional intervention to improve client nutritional status
- Evaluates effects of nutritional intervention on individual client nutritional status to determine need for further intervention or revision of nutrition care plan
- Provides nutritional counseling and education for clients to assist them in making desired changes in eating habits.
- Coordinates all nutritional necessities for client services with other interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process
- Provides drug-nutrient interrelationship information to assure that clients receive maximum benefits from drugs and diet
- Plans all menus with food services to meet the various nutritional needs of the clients and supervises food handler
- Maintains accurate records to meet regulatory agency guidelines and assists clients in making desired changes in eating habits
- Completes all initial and quarterly assessments within the appropriate time frames
- Conducts in service/presentations as requested to clients enhance understanding of the role of nutrition in health and promote the role of the nutritionist
- Attends and participates in seminars and continuing education programs to expand knowledge of current trends in nutrition and in issues/ concerns of the HIV/ AIDS population
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs including fire safety, infection control, clinical HIV/AIDS manifestations, transmission, prevention psycho-social issues, confidentiality and client rights
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent client care information to ensure residents are protected
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions.
Applicants must be a Registered Dietitian. Experience with HIV/ AIDS and substance abuse population desirable; teaching and instruction experience for individuals and groups, and the ability to measure training effects desirable; bilingual English/Spanish preferred.