Brighton Recovery Center South Ogden, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Outpatient Counselor works with patients upon admission and discharge from the Center, and will meet individually with patients and in group meetings based on the Case Manager’s credentials. The case manager collaborates with other clinicians to facilitate appropriate counseling and recommendations for aftercare.
· Must be licensed in the state of Utah as one of the following: SUDC, ASUDC, CSW, LCSW, LMFT, ACMHC, CMHC
· Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
· If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
· Substance Abuse Disorder Counselor (SUDC), Advanced SUDC or Master’s degree in social work, psychology or another licensure-eligible field of study.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Complete Initial intake & discharge assessments with patients.
· Collaborate with clinical team to address individual patient needs.
· Meet with patients and complete weekly Vista tracking.
· Facilitate and assist patient in applying for FMLA and short term disability.
· Collaborate with family, referral sources, and other collateral contacts as needed.
· Facilitate psychoeducation and groups appropriate per employee credentials.
· Clinical Documentation
o Effective documentation to support current level of care o Completion of case management note within 24 hours of meeting with patient o Completion of groups notes within 24 hours of group session
· Prepare clients' discharge by managing discharge plans
o Coordinate discharge and post-discharge requirements (aftercare recommendations, sober living, recovery meetings, appointments).
o Provide resources for aftercare needs involving clinical and medical referrals.
· Manage nationwide database for referrals
· Community Aftercare Connections
· All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to make decisions independently.
· Ability to create positive change in people’s lives
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, problem solve, and resolve conflicts for individuals and groups.
· Proficient at documentation and managing caseloads.
· Efficient in basic Microsoft and Google office products, Word, Excel, etc.
· Computer literate - experience with electronic documentation, strong writing skills.
Brighton Recovery Center
Brighton Recovery Center is dedicated to providing world-class, personalized treatment to people who suffer from the disease of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. We provide treatment that consists of a multi-faceted approach individualizing patient care around the physical, emotional, behavioral, spiritual, intellectual, and interpersonal challenges so commonly exhibited in the process of becoming addicted. We treat our patients and their families in an environment that promotes healing, strength, dignity and hope. The experienced and specialized staff at Brighton Recovery Center is committed to providing care that exemplifies professionalism and best practices.