Under the general direction of the EnvironmentalServices Director, the Environmental Services Cook is responsible for thepreparation and cooking of meals and the proper cleaning and sanitation of thecook and eating areas.
· High School Diploma/Equivalent
· Current CPR Certification
· Valid Driver’s License
· Food Handlers License
· 1 year cooking experience working in aresidential, restaurant, or other facility setting.
JOBDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Preparation and serving of meals and foodin accordance with planned menus, diet plans and direction.
· Cleaning the kitchen and dining room areas
· Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, orpoultry
· Cook food according to menus, specialdietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredientsby checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotatingstock.
· Ensure food is stored and cooked atcorrect temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, androasters, and refrigerators.
· Clean and inspect galley equipment,kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functionaloperation which includes washing dishes and other eating utensils.
· Apportion and serve food to facilitypatients, employees, or patrons.
· Direct activities of one or more workerswho assist in preparing and serving meals.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Watching gauges, dials, or otherindicators to make sure a machine(s) is working properly
· Ability to communicate effectively bothverbally and in writing
· Knowledge of proper handling, preparationand cooking of food
· Knowledge and ability to safely operatekitchen appliances and equipment
· Knowledge and ability to properly cleanand sanitize dishes, utensils, food preparation areas, and kitchen.
Brighton Recovery CenterBrighton Recovery Center is dedicated to providing world-class, personalized treatment to people who suffer from the disease of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. We provide treatment that consists of a multi-faceted approach individualizing patient care around the physical, emotional, behavioral, spiritual, intellectual, and interpersonal challenges so commonly exhibited in the process of becoming addicted. We treat our patients and their families in an environment that promotes healing, strength, dignity and hope. The experienced and specialized staff at Brighton Recovery Center is committed to providing care that exemplifies professionalism and best practices.